The Life Of The Prophet Muhammad
This is a four day course giving an in depth study of the events surrounding the life of the Prophet ﷺ from before his birth until the migration to Madinah. The study will not be a mere narrative but we will learn many lessons from the Sirah which we can apply in our everyday lives.
Why study the life of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ Makkah Phase?
- Learning the sirah increases our love for the Prophet ﷺ. “The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves.” [al-Ahzab 33:6]
- Sirah teaches us the meaning of the Qur’an.
- Sirah increases our Iman. “And all we relate to you of the accounts of the messengers is to strengthen your heart therewith; and in this has come to you the truth and an admonition, and a reminder to the believers”. [al-Hud 11:120]
- Sirah shows us how the Prophet ﷺ trained his companions. We learn how best to interact with different situations in life: individually, in our families, and as societies.
- Sirah brings about comfort and peace to the hearts. We see how the Prophet ﷺ and his companions faced very difficult trials and how they faced them.
- When calling others to Islam, Sirah shows us how best to engage with others.
- By studying the Sirah, we can defend the honour of the Prophet ﷺ.
Here’s a taster…
Shaykh Abu Abdissalam
Shaykh Abu Abdissalam was born in Coventry and was raised in London. He joined Dar Al-Hadith Al-Khayriyyah in the blessed city of Makkah and obtained a degree in Islamic Studies specialising in Hadith and its Sciences. During his time there, he studied under a number of prominent scholars of our time. During the course of his studies he has acquired ijazas for all of the six major books of Hadith. In addition, he also has Ijaza for the Sharh of Aqidah Tahawiyyah.
He makes appearances on several television channels worldwide including Islam Channel, Huda TV and Islamic Network TV and is an instructor for AlKauthar Institute and a member of iERA.
View Larger Map
Al Muntada Media Centre
7 Bridges Place